Wednesday, February 8, 2012

5 regrets of the dying

Last Wednesday I wrote down some simple things I really want to do, today my Google reader showed me this article.

2012 may not be the year when the world ends but it certainly is one to think about things. Placids brain is also making "chup chup" since Christmas.

A palliative nurse recorded the most common regrets people have at the end of their life. I know it might not be the best statistical and scientific study about it but they all make a lot of sense.
  1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
  2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard. - (no surprise this was a popular one for men)
  3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
  4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
  5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Nothing about I wish I had a bigger car, a smaller ass, a cleaner house or any of the crap is usually worring me/everybody. So, homework for 2012, realise what really matters and enjoy it, for two!

So my homework for this year until now is....
  1. Make a healthy happy baby.
  2. Recovering one 100% from my surgery and reach my "allways 0 pain goal".
  3. Try to avoid squashing Placid while sleeping in June when I'll be fat like a whale.
  4. Enjoy life.
hmmm... I'm hungry now.

2 comments:

  1. Grans paraules que arriben a l'ànima...gràcies per compartir aquests pensaments que en la majoria dels casos guardem dins nostre! Si tu (vosaltres) us ho proposeu, segur que aconseguireu allò que perseguiu :o)

    Amb la Dasha vam creuar-nos a principis d'any amb un "manifesto" que tenim ben penjat al pis pels moments grisos. Potser us agradarà!

    http://shop.holstee.com/pages/about

    Petons als dos,
    miki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es molt bonic, li possare al placid a un lloc on ho vegi que amb tant feina li anira be :-) per cert al juny ja ens instalarem a barceloan fins el juliol que surto de comptes aixi que ens podrem anar veient!

    ReplyDelete