Saturday, April 16, 2011

Suicide forest

Looking at this amazing picture from Simon Vahala I decided to ask Wikipedia about this forest, don't blame me "the suicide forest" is quite a curious name.

It looks like it is indeed a popular place for comiting suicide. This leads me to think, are there popular places in this field? Places massively choosen by many people to kill themselves? oh yes there are.

I'm not sure if this is :-( or :-)

On one hand...when someone decides to do the ultimate act of loneliness, one of the few things you can just do alone, die, our tendecy to look for companion and to be accepted leads us to look for a popular place, something "known". Isn't it ironic? If the place is popular maybe you find someone, you speak to someone, you change your mind  (or you get some tricks to do it better)... I don't know.

On the other hand... fuck! nowadays popularity is relevant on everything!!!

--

If you want to read here you have an interesting interview about this topic, science is showing suicide could in fact be avoided (and we are not talking about "tell me about your childhood" expensive therapy), the first step: speak about it.

---

In the meantime I'll wait for a foggy day and enjoy swiss forests :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment